John Hope Bryant’s bestselling book, How The Poor Can Save Capitalism, is featured in Humble Bundle’s “Hacking Capitalism” promotional book bundle.
How the Poor Can Save Capitalism: Rebuilding the Path to the Middle Class (Berrett-Koehler, 2013), endorsed by former President Bill Clinton and legendary civil rights leader Andrew Young, builds a compelling economic argument for investing in America’s least wealthy consumers. As founder of Operation HOPE, a nonprofit private banker for low-wealth individuals and communities, John Hope Bryant explains the history and psychology behind the three factors that perpetuate poverty: lack of self-confidence and self-esteem, lack of positive role models, and lack of opportunity.
Sales of the “Hacking Capitalism” bundle will help to raise money for WorldReader, a global nonprofit bringing digital books to children and their families—empowering them to read, think, and grow in order to improve their lives and their world.
The bundle includes 15 top Berrett-Koehler Publisher current affairs titles, that focus on bringing about positive change in the world. Readers who purchase this bundle will receive the following titles:
- The New Confessions of an Economic Hitman by John Perkins
- How the Poor Can Save Capitalism: Rebuilding the Path to the Middle Class by John Hope Bryant
- Rebalancing Society: Radical Renewal Beyond Left, Right and Center by Henry Mintzberg
- The Shareholder Value Myth: How Putting Shareholders First Harms Investors, Corporations, and the Public by Lynn Stout
- Change The Story, Change the Future: A Living Economy for a Living Earth by David Korten
- When Corporations Rule The World by David Korten
- The Reunited States of America: How We Can Bridge the Partisan Divide by Gerald Davis
- Affluenza: How Overconsumption is Killing Us—and How to Fight Back by John de Graaf, David Wann, and Thomas H. Naylor
- Locked Down, Locked Out: Why Prison Doesn’t Work and How We Can Do Better by Maya Schenwar
- From Crisis to Calling: Finding Your Moral Center in the Toughest Decisions by Sasha Chanoff
- Screwed: The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class—And What We Can Do about It by Thom Hartmann
- Agenda for a New Economy by David Korten
- This Changes Everything: Occupy Wall Street and the 99% Movement by Yes! Magazine
- The Gift of Anger: Use Passion to Build Not Destroy by Joe Solmonese
- Corporations are Not People: Reclaiming Democracy from Big Money and Global Corporation by Jeff Clements
Humble Bundle donates a certain amount (determined by the customer) of their proceeds to charity.
Help support positive change: http://bit.ly/HackingCapitalism