Saluting Operation HOPE's Own Lance Triggs
Lance William Triggs currently serves as Chief Executive Officer, Operation HOPE-Los Angeles, and Division President, HOPE Financial Dignity Centers.
Under Triggs’ leadership, HOPE has successfully modified and loaned over $850 million in loans to small businesses, first time home buyers and home owners in crisis, committed over $1.4 billion in investments and 1.4 million customers served in 71 under-served communities across the United States and 3 provinces in South Africa in the form of youth and adult financial literacy (over 550,000 educated), money, credit and foreclosure prevention management counseling, small business technical assistance, digital empowerment initiatives, mortgage and business lending capital to first time home buyers and entrepreneurs.
Mr. Triggs also initially served as a project lead for the Bush-Clinton Hurricane Disaster relief initiative for HOPE. To date, Operation HOPE Inc’s Project Restore HOPE campaign has assisted over 110,000 Hurricane Katrina victims, provided over $500,000 in disaster relief fund grants, provided $8 million in Earn Income Tax Credits and $14 million tax refunds for Hurricane Katrina victims.
In 2011, Mr. Triggs served a Project Manager for the “Rebirth of America” HOPE Financial Literacy Forum held at the NYSE Euronext on Wall Street in New York City that featured keynote speakers White House Executive Director of the President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness, NYSE Euronext CEO Duncan Niederauer, CNBC Anchor Maria Bartiromo, Financial Services Roundtable President and CEO Steve Bartlett, Gallup, Inc. CEO Jim Clifton, and Executive Director of the White House Business Council Ari Matusiak.
In 2010, Mr. Triggs served a Project Manager for the “Rebirth of America” HOPE Atlanta Financial Literacy Forum held at the Federal Reserve Bank and HOPE Oakland Financial Literacy Forum that featured keynote speakers Martin L. King III, Congresswoman Barbara Lee and Federal Reserve Bank President Dennis Lockhart.
In 2009, Mr. Triggs served a Project Manager for the HOPE Global Financial Literacy Summit held in Washington, D.C. that featured keynote speakers Federal Reserve Board Chairman Ben Bernanke, Senior Advisor and Assistant to the U.S. President for Intergovernmental Affairs and Public Liaison Valarie Jarrett and FDIC Chairwoman Sheila Bair. The Global Summit had delegates from over 40 countries representing 6 continents from around the world.
In 2007 and 2006 respectively, Mr. Triggs acted as Project Manager for the HOPE 15 year “From Chaos to Community” Bankers Bus Tour and the Anacostia Inner-City Economic Summit which featured dignitaries Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke and World Bank President Paul Wolfowitz.
In April 2005, Triggs served as co-Project Manager for the historic A Day of HOPE, From Civil Rights to Silver Rights with Ambassador Andrew Young at Georgia State University in Atlanta, Georgia. Other dignitaries included Civil rights legends Dr. Dorothy Height, Reverend Joseph Lowery and the Honorable Jack Kemp to name a few.
In April 2002, Triggs acted as lead Project Manager for President George W. Bush’s historical visit to South Central Los Angeles marking the 10 year anniversary of the Los Angeles, California civil unrest. In April of 2000, Triggs also acted a lead Project Manager for then Vice President Al Gore’s visit to Los Angeles, California, who acted as the keynote speaker at Operation HOPE, Inc.’s 1st Annual Inner-City Economic Summit.
On November 4, 1998, Triggs was selected as one of 20 delegates representing the United States at the United Nations Trade and Development Conference in Lyon, France. The Operation HOPE Inc. model was featured as one of the viable concepts for empowering under-serve markets and developing countries around the world.
Triggs’ is a native Angelino born in the City of Hollywood, California to Lee and Lilliane Triggs. Both of his parents, born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska and Fort Scott, Kansas respectively, served as public servants for the County of Los Angeles for over 45 years. Triggs’ is a product of the California State University system, attending Cal State Fullerton and Academy Pacific, receiving a diploma in Transportation Management. He continues the family legacy and commitment of public service in improving the economic and spiritual quality of life for all Americans who reside in under-serve communities across the United States.
A partial list of Triggs acknowledgements and honors include:
• Project Manager for the 2011 HOPE New York Financial Literacy Forum at the NYSE Euronext
• Project Manager for the 2010 HOPE Atlanta Financial Literacy Forum at the Federal Reserve Bank
• Project Manager for the 2010 HOPE Oakland Financial Literacy Forum
• Co-Project Manager for the 2009 HOPE Global Financial Literacy Summit held in Washington, D.C.
• Named in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011 as one of the Who’s Who in Black Los Angeles Celebrating African-American achievement
• Alumni of the Southern California Leadership Network, a partnership of the LA Chamber of Commerce
• Lead Project Manager for U.S. Cabinet Treasury Secretary’s 2008 financial literacy event in Oakland, Ca. USA
• Lead Project Manager for U.S. Cabinet Housing Urban Development Secretary’s 2008 foreclosure prevention event in Los Angeles, Ca. USA
• Lead Project Manager, HOPE “Chaos to Community” 2007 Bankers Bus Tour
• Lead Project Manager, Anacostia Economic Summit featuring Federal Reserve Chairman Bernanke, World Bank President Wolfowitz and former U.N. Ambassador Andrew Young 2006
• Lead Project Manager, President George W. Bush visit to South Los Angeles 2002
• Lead Project Manager, Vice President, Al Gore Inner-city Economic Summit visit to Los Angeles, Ca. USA 2000
• Lead Project Manager for the Operation HOPE Banker’s Bus Tour 2002
• United States Delegation for the United Nations Trade and Development Conference in Lyon, France 1998
• World Cultural Sports Organization Community Service Award 1999
• The Housing Roundtable Summit Award 1994
• California State Senate Certificate of Recognition Award 1994