“…fascinating – and frightening – new book…”
Charles M. Blow, The New York Times
WHERE ARE THE JOBS?
This is the most urgent question America and all other nations face. And the answer lies in the spirit of free enterprise — not in Washington policymaking.
In THE COMING JOBS WAR, Gallup Chairman Jim Clifton argues that job creation happens when startups and young companies boom in cities. Washington can help, but Clifton says local business and city leaders must:
- invest in entrepreneurs, not innovation
- double the number of engaged employees
- encourage small-business startups
- be smarter at winning global customers than anyone else
- put prevention at the center of healthcare policy
- wage war on the school dropout rate
The cities and countries that act first — that focus everything they have on creating good jobs — are the ones that will win.
Available in every bookstore, including these online booksellers:
A personal note: this amazing book was written by my friend Jim Clifton, chairman and CEO of Gallup, who is our national partner in and for the Gallup-HOPE Index. The book is simply one of the best I have read in my life, and one of the top 10 books, in the last 10 years! Get it. It will completely your view on the world, and what comes next.