Firms of five employees or fewer now represent nearly 90 percent of all businesses in California, and from 2000 to 2005 the number of such enterprises grew by nearly 25 percent, according to the state Senate Office of Research. At the same time, the number of jobs provided by these firms increased by 23 percent, to 3.7 million. The number of sole proprietorships – companies owned and operated by a single person – increased by 24 percent to 2.6 million.
- As Featured by NASDAQ This Week
- Operation HOPE Announces it’s Investor Bill of Rights
- Carver Federal Savings Bank and John Hope Bryant Announce a New Sizeable Long-term Deposit in the Bank to Support Economic Empowerment in Communities of Color
- A Special Thank You to Mr. Tom Brokaw
- John Hope Bryant’s Statement on Governor Gina Raimondo