After much anticipation and excitement, nearly 5,000 delegates representing 40 countries and multiple generations, gathered in-person and virtually for the 2022 HOPE Global Forum and Annual meeting under the theme “Bridging the Divide.”
This year’s HOPE Global Forums was the first fully in-person experience since 2019. There was a palpable enthusiasm among delegates to learn, connect, and hear from some of the nation’s leading thought leaders and subject matter experts. Additionally, many of Operation HOPE’s partners, including Bank of America, Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and Truist, made a show of support for HOPE’s work and mission, with a few making public HOPE commitments to further power our work.
Bank of America made a $5 million commitment to Operation HOPE to help amplify programming and outreach. This includes offering free financial counseling in 180 financial centers in 17 U.S. markets starting in 2023.
Wells Fargo Head of Diverse Segments, Representation and Inclusion, Kristy Fercho announced that the longtime HOPE partner has committed to opening 120 new HOPE Inside locations, to impact more communities across America with financial literacy and empowerment.
This year’s speaker lineup featured an all-star lineup of dynamic women and men representing a diverse cross-section of sectors and industries whose voices carry weight in policy, the market, and culture.
- Walmart CEO Doug McMillon
- PayPal CEO Dan Schulman
- Delta Air Lines CEO Ed Bastian
- Bishop T.D. Jakes
- NASCAR President Steve Phelps
- Pfizer Chairman and CEO Dr. Albert Bourla
- Artist, Entrepreneur & Activist Tip “T.I.” Harris
- U.S. Senator Hon. Raphael Warnock
- MSNBC President Rashida Jones
- 27th Administrator of the U.S. Small Business Administration Isabella Casillas Guzman
A highlight of the Forum and a delegate-favorite was the the second annual One Million Black Businesses Initiative (1MBB) Pitch Competition, powered by Operation HOPE, Shopify and sponsored by PayPal.
Four innovative Black entrepreneurs shared their personal stories and business journeys for the opportunity to win a total of $50,000.
Following a competitive pre-qualifying process, the 2nd annual 1MBB pitch finalists were:
- Kalene McElveen, owner of Tastefull Vegan Frozen Desserts, won the Pitch Competition, a $2,500 grant and was awarded $15,000 from Shopify.
- Jazmin Richards, founder and CE) of BLK Sunflower, won a $2,500 grant and was awarded $10,000 from Shopify.
- Joshua Dixon, founder and designer of Admire Wear won a $2,500 grant and as awarded $8,000 from Shopify.
- Stacy Howell, owner of Woodhouse Spa won a $2,500 grant and was awarded $7,000 from Shopify.
A special thank you to HOPE Global Forums’ sponsors, which include Wells Fargo, Truist, and Huntington Bank, among others.
If you would like to make a gift of support to Operation HOPE to help power the work behind the Forums, feel free to do so here or using the button below.
Thank you for your participation in this year’s HOPE Global Forums and Annual Meeting. We look forward to seeing you and a friend next year!