Operation HOPE to Release 2019 National Impact Report
Operation HOPE’s 2019 National Impact Report summarizes HOPE's programmatic activity, financial services, and the impacts made on clients served in the organization’s nationwide HOPE Insidenetwork.We are proud of our 2019 impacts, and remain grateful to our partners and supporters through whose generosity and commitment we are able to uplift communities and forge new pathways from poverty. As we reflect on an impactful year, we recognize how much more we need to do to eradicate poverty and support financial dignity and inclusion in our lifetimes.
Impact highlights from the report include:
- HOPE delivered over 170,000 client servicesto low-to-moderate income clients in 2019
- In the 4thquarter, HOPE delivered more than 55,000 client services – more than doubling the activityfrom the same quarter in 2018 – illustrating HOPE’s rapid growth
- HOPE helped clients secure $253 million in funded mortgage loansthrough the Closing Assistance Program
- HOPE assisted its clients in starting 510 new small businesses-- 74% of which were started by women and minorities
- The average FICO score improvement among all HOPE inside clients was 38 pointsover 5.2 months which is 2-3x the rate of HOPE's nonprofit peers
- With a renewed focus on women-owned business in 2019, HOPE launched women entrepreneurial accelerator programsacross the country. Coined, "Launch and Grow" these accelerator programs, in partnership with CIT Bank, help budding and new small-business owners take their business ideas and elevate them to the next level. Additional partner support from Mastercard, Square and Metabank has advanced HOPE's efforts with female entrepreneurs
HOPE Inside is a unique financial empowerment model created by Operation HOPE to provide sustainable and measurable no-cost financial literacy coaching and education to participants through the support of financial and corporate partners. The HOPE Inside network currently stands at more than 150 locations across the country. The model includes HOPE Inside Adult, HOPE Inside Youth, HOPE Inside Disaster, and HOPE Inside The Workplace, an employee financial wellness program.