25 years of HOPE: Impacting Lives with Financial Dignity Empowerment
On Friday, May 5, 2017, Operation HOPE, Inc. marked its 25th anniversary. Founded in the aftermath of the destruction of the 1992 Los Angeles Riots, HOPE works to transform low-wealth communities by delivering personal financial empowerment to youth and adults needed to succeed in the free enterprise system.
"Operation HOPE, for me, is my calling. My ability to bring real change to the world, at scale. I am grateful to every partner, every employee, every believer, every client, and every community stakeholder that has contributed to the impact of the work of HOPE across the nation and around the world."
The impact of the work of Operation HOPE to date, includes the following results:
- 1.8 million adults empowered with financial dignity
- 1 million youth empowered with financial literacy
- 55,000 small business clients served through HOPE Coalition America's financial preparedness and
- $2.4 billion in economic activity directed into underserved communities
- 62 HOPE Inside locations open; commitments for 250 more within the next 18 months, and over 400 by 2020
- Earned Income Tax Credit awards secured for 2,259 individuals
- 710 new businesses created through the HOPE Entrepreneurship Training Program
- 25,000 HOPE Corps volunteers
- 896,000 youth educated through the award-winning Banking On Our Future financial literacy program
- 2,000 youth entrepreneurs supported through HOPE Business In A Box Academies; over 500 youth businesses started
- 7,500 individuals served through the HOPE 700-Credit-Score-Communities initiative
- 25% of clients achieved a 700+ credit score after 6 months of coaching
Read the full release.