2017 has been my most transformational year ever. More than 500,000 airline miles traveled, and more than 2,000 meetings held this year alone. My Word for 2017 was Execution, as in to ‘execute’ on my vision, and execute we did.
* In 2017, Operation HOPE reached a milestone of 100+ HOPE Inside locations opened in 2017, with total commitments of approximately 500 HOPE Inside locations on record. I was honored to appoint Dr. Anita Ward as the new president of Operation HOPE.
* In mid-2017, I launch The Promise Homes Company, along with founding partners Michael Arougheti and Tony Ressler, two highly successful businessmen and friends. The Promise Homes Company is today run by another friend and colleague, Jason Stewart and his team.
* Today my teams helps me run both the largest nonprofit financial inclusion organization in the nation, as well as the largest minority-controlled, institutional quality owner of single-family rental real estate in the country.
* In the Fall of 2017, my friend Henry Ford III and I launched the Bryant Group Motorsports Academy, which is now partnering with Atlanta Public Schools to create new career opportunities in STEM and STEAM for young people, and diversity for the motorsports sector and automotive industry.
* In 2017, the Annual Meeting of the HOPE Global Forum established itself as the largest gathering of leaders focused on the empowerment of the poor, struggling and the underserved in the world, with more than 3500 Delegates. Live streamed on MSNBC.
* My 4th book came out in September 2017, entitled The Memo: Five Rules For Your Economic Liberation (Berrett-Koehler), which is already a bestseller. The book is the basis for the new Facebook series, Delivering The Memo.
* On the personal front, Natasha and I amicably finalized our divorce in March 2017. Natasha is a super smart individual, whom I have no doubt will achieve great things in her life. Of course, I wish her nothing but the best.
* My amazing mother, Ms. Juanita Smith, successfully moved to Atlanta -- my new home city - and is doing incredibly well. So well, that I have to remind her that I'm around and available for a mother-son date (smile).
* Approximately 20 months ago, to grow, compliment and to amplify the Silver Rights Movement voice of Operation HOPE, I launched John Hope Bryant Live on Facebook, and to date, we have more than 45M video views, and more than 550,000 Followers on Facebook alone. This community continues to grow consistently at more than 8,000 weekly. 750,000 Followers in total, and growing on all platforms.
* Based on the success of the Facebook Live Page, Facebook invited me to launch and executive produce an online streaming episodic series, entitled Delivering The Memo, successfully launched in the 4th quarter of 2017. The 6th episode airs over Christmas week.
* 2017 was also the year I took active steps to take better care of myself. Thanks to my wellness coach, I have a new healthy diet and with that renewed energy.
My Word for 2018, is Scale. Stay tuned for more.
Make yourself this promise in 2018 — to Live your Best Life.
John Hope Bryant