Officials at the U.S. Department of the Treasury have agreed to Live Webcast the scheduled Freedman's Bank Forum on Friday, September 23rd, 2016, in Washington, DC. You can watch the live webcast here. I was honored to work with U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew in the historic renaming of the former U.S. Treasury Annex Building on the White House campus, to the Freedman's Bank Building. This is only the second time in America's history that a federal building on the White House campus has been renamed, and the first time that a building has been renamed at the request and urging of an American citizen. It is entirely possible that Treasury Secretary Jack Lew is the most progressive and thought-leadership Treasury Secretary since Alexander Hamilton. Not only did Secretary Lew agree to change the name of Treasury Annex to the Freedman's Bank Building, he also -- and this is incredible when you think about it -- placed Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr on the back of the $5 Dollar Bill, and freedom fighter Harriet Tubman on the front of the $20 Bill. Enough said. This is a great man, and I am with him. Join Secretary Jack Lew and myself on September 23rd, 2016, on the eve of the opening of the Smithsonian's National African-American Museum of History & Culture in Washington, D.C. Watch here. Let's go...
- A Mother’s Day Present – A Commencement, and an Honorary Doctorate Degree
- Upcoming Stop on the Delivering the Memo Book Tour | The Commerce Club – Atlanta
- John Hope Bryan Live on Facebook Reaches 700K+ Followers
- Less than 1% of venture capital goes to African-Americans
- ThriveGlobal: Spiritual Capital is the Start of True Wealth