After an unsuccessful practice session on Friday, April 1st, 2016, I took back to the track with my friend and expert Shelby Can Am race car driver Mark Lauth, CEO of Fantastic Racing. This end of the day 'chasing the rabbit' excercise produced my best single lap time of my two days on track -- at 1 minute, 53 seconds. The best time for Mark Lauth and Michael Jensen in the Shelby Can-Am's were in the 1:43 to 1:44 range, which means that I was within striking distance, and I had never been on the track, or in this car before in my life. Not bad for my first day on the track in South Africa, and an end of the day recovery from a confidence-reducing spin in my first practice. As noted in a companion post, I went on to win 1st place in my class (SR4), and a 3rd place podium finish overall during the 2-Hour Endurance Race on Saturday, April 2nd, 2016. A 3rd place finish behind Team FR-Shelby Racing team mates Mark Lauth and Michael Jensen. Honored to be the newest member of the Team FR-Shelby Racing team, representing the United States. John Hope Bryant, Bryant Group Motorsports
- Operation HOPE Founder joins historic tribute to Memphis Sanitation Workers of 1968
- From Rolling out: John Hope Bryant addresses cringeworthy $8 net worth of Blacks
- From Bloomberg Markets: Operation HOPE CEO John Hope Bryant on Boosting Credit Scores for the Underserved
- John Hope Bryant Quote of the Day
- Want to Create Societal Change? Get Young People on it.