Raising entrepreneurial energy and empowering underserved communities with financial literacy is a key next step for Detroit’s revitalization, according to Operation HOPE CEO John Hope Bryant. Delivering an impactful keynote address, Bryant stressed the importance of positive role models in neighborhoods and classrooms who can play a large part in raising credit scores through early financial literacy intervention. “We need to make smart ‘sexy’ again,” Bryant said, adding that Detroit can create a new class of entrepreneur and hundreds of new businesses by connecting youths and adults with the resources they need to succeed. “I see a Steve Jobs on every block,” he said. “Neighborhood by neighborhood we need role models who encourage our kids to start a business because that commitment is an immunity to failure.”
- Global Dignity Quote of the Day
- HOPE Inside and SunTrust Banks Partnership: 200 Locations for HOPE Inside by Year 2020. 12% of Bank Branch Network.
- John Hope Bryant’s ‘The Memo’ Reaches 800-CEOREAD Business Bestseller List, October 2017
- ‘The Memo’ by John Hope Bryant Selected as an ‘Editor’s Choice’ Book by 800-CEO-READ
- Delivering The Memo Master Class Book Tour to stop at Barnes & Noble in Atlanta; C-SPAN to Broadcast Event