Raising entrepreneurial energy and empowering underserved communities with financial literacy is a key next step for Detroit’s revitalization, according to Operation HOPE CEO John Hope Bryant. Delivering an impactful keynote address, Bryant stressed the importance of positive role models in neighborhoods and classrooms who can play a large part in raising credit scores through early financial literacy intervention. “We need to make smart ‘sexy’ again,” Bryant said, adding that Detroit can create a new class of entrepreneur and hundreds of new businesses by connecting youths and adults with the resources they need to succeed. “I see a Steve Jobs on every block,” he said. “Neighborhood by neighborhood we need role models who encourage our kids to start a business because that commitment is an immunity to failure.”
- John Hope Bryant Quote of the Day
- Want to Create Societal Change? Get Young People on it.
- Just Published on LinkedIn Influencers: The Memo: The Only (Really) Good Reason To Go to Harvard University.
- Operation HOPE celebrates the 86th birthday of HOPE Global Spokesman Ambassador Andrew Young with Special Tribute Website
- LA Youth Entrepreneur Serving Success in Small Business