"At a meaningful meeting today, we talked about something we have not talked about substantively since Frederick Douglass worked with government to run the Freedman's Bank in the late 1800's. Douglass ran the bank, only to find out that those previously in charge had broken the bank. Douglass so believed in its importance, and its mission, that he put his own money up to support the bank at that time. I am really thankful to a Treasury Secretary who would call us together later this week, a meeting of which has never happened before, to help solve many of our problems ~ with the power of the purse, combined with the power of financial education. I commend, now, Secretary Jack Lew for deciding to rename the U.S. Treasury Annex Building, to the Freedman's Bank Building." Rev. C.T. Vivian, civil rights legend and recipient of the U.S. Presidential Medal of Freedom, in a meeting today with John Hope Bryant, founder of Operation HOPE.
- Global Dignity Quote of the Day
- HOPE Inside and SunTrust Banks Partnership: 200 Locations for HOPE Inside by Year 2020. 12% of Bank Branch Network.
- John Hope Bryant’s ‘The Memo’ Reaches 800-CEOREAD Business Bestseller List, October 2017
- ‘The Memo’ by John Hope Bryant Selected as an ‘Editor’s Choice’ Book by 800-CEO-READ
- Delivering The Memo Master Class Book Tour to stop at Barnes & Noble in Atlanta; C-SPAN to Broadcast Event