"At a meaningful meeting today, we talked about something we have not talked about substantively since Frederick Douglass worked with government to run the Freedman's Bank in the late 1800's. Douglass ran the bank, only to find out that those previously in charge had broken the bank. Douglass so believed in its importance, and its mission, that he put his own money up to support the bank at that time. I am really thankful to a Treasury Secretary who would call us together later this week, a meeting of which has never happened before, to help solve many of our problems ~ with the power of the purse, combined with the power of financial education. I commend, now, Secretary Jack Lew for deciding to rename the U.S. Treasury Annex Building, to the Freedman's Bank Building." Rev. C.T. Vivian, civil rights legend and recipient of the U.S. Presidential Medal of Freedom, in a meeting today with John Hope Bryant, founder of Operation HOPE.
- Operation HOPE and HOPE Inside Receive ‘Key to the City’ in Murfreesboro, TN
- HOPE Inside: The Starbucks for Financial Inclusion. 1,000 Locations by 2020
- SunTrust Banks Commitment to Open 200 Locations of HOPE Inside with Operation HOPE
- Grand Opening — HOPE Inside, Murfreesboro, TN with First Tennessee Bank
- Grand Opening of HOPE Inside, Reading, PA at Fulton Financial