I was thrilled to be able to drive a famed Raynard Formula 4 race car in South Africa with my friends Mark Lauth and Jannet Wood from Fantastic Racing. We spent the day on track at Zwartkops Raceway outside of Johannesburg where I ultimately ran a 1:12 lap in the Reynard. What I loved most about the Reynard Formula 4 was the smooth sequential gear box and the balanced handling. Below are two videos which highlight my time on track in the Reynard. This track tends to be a slower 1.5 mile road coast, with average speeds of 71 MPH, but I drove consistently above average speeds, which accounts for the decent lap time. A super fast lap time in a Formula 4 car at Zwartkops is probably a 1:00 lap. Let me know what you think. You can find the complete Klickr album from our time at Zwartkops Raceway here.
- John Hope Bryant on failing every day without loss of enthusiasm.
- John Hope Bryant unpacks immigrant entrepreneurs in the streets of Harlem New York.
- Will tax reform help the poor? John Hope Bryant on MSNBC with Velshi & Ruhle
- Global Dignity Quote of the Day
- HOPE Inside and SunTrust Banks Partnership: 200 Locations for HOPE Inside by Year 2020. 12% of Bank Branch Network.