I woke on Saturday to surprising news. A man I respected and admired, Mr. Julian Bond, had passed. My first reaction, was to reconfirm that the news was accurate. It was. I didn't know Mr. Bond as well as I may have wanted to, but I did know him. And all of my memories are fond ones. I remember one time in particular, when I was dealing with a difficult situation involving an individual within the NAACP. I reached out to him with a letter, and he responded with a personal call. The call was short, sweet, to the point, insightful, smart, helpful -- and funny. And that, in a nutshell, pretty much describes the man. My heart goes out to Mr. Bond's family, namely his son Michael Bond, who is Councilman Michael Bond here in Atlanta, Georgia. I just saw him a couple weeks ago here at our home. A wonderful human being, and a solid leader. This -- is Mr. Julian Bond's living legacy. And it is strong. Condolences, to the entire Bond family, from the Bryant, Bryant Group and Operation HOPE families. John Hope Bryant
- Operation HOPE Founder John Hope Bryant launches Delivering The Memo Master Class Book Tour
- Operation HOPE Founder John Hope Bryant explains “The Memo” at SunTrust onUp on Tour stop in Atlanta
- Relationship Capital Unplugged
- Stuck In Traffic? #1 New Release is now available as an audiobook! Listen to The Memo now from iTunes.
- John Hope Bryant in Conversation with Chelsea Clinton — Get The Memo: Five Rules For Your Economic Liberation