President Abraham Lincoln, one of the nation’s original visionaries, had wanted to win the Civil War but also envisioned freeing the enslaved and ensuring their economic prosperity. After he signed the Emancipation Proclamation, he signed legislation creating the Freedman’s Saving and Trust Co., known as Freedman’s Savings Bank.
- John Hope Bryant Unveils Lost History Of The Freedman’s Bank Building In Straight Talk Video Series
- John Hope Bryant Quote Of The Day
- Get the Story Straight: Impact of CGI is REAL
- John Hope Bryant On The Move: Recap Of ‘Sustainable Tomorrow’ Event In Sweden
- U.S. Department of the U.S. Treasury to Live Webcast Freedman’s Bank Forum, Friday, September 23rd, 2016