I was honored to be asked by one of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s original book publishers, Beacon Press, to write this book Banking on Our Future, for them fairly early in my writing career. Hope you like it. It is designed for children and their parents and families. Here's what one responder said about the book...
5.0 out of 5 stars Great advice
This review is from: Banking on Our Future: A Program for Teaching You and Your Kids about Money (Paperback)
"If you want to get your children on top of this crazy spending country take time with them this book. Great common sense and good for building a great fountain."
Now you too can have access to the lessons of the award-winning Banking on Our Future program. Here are some of the important things you will learn from this book:
* How to talk with your kids about money
* How to keep track of your family's money with a family financial ledger
* How to teach your ten-year-old about banks and have fun at the same time
* Why saving, even a little money every week week, is so important
* When it's the right time for your teen to have a checking account
* How to set financial goals with your kids, whether they're six or sixteen
* Credit, budgeting, investing, car payments, and more
Banking on Our Future is the financial primer you and your family can't afford to be without. Clear, frank, and always inspiring, this book will help you and your children plan a healthier and happier financial future.
Here is an online resource for Banking on Our Future designed for youth, sponsored by E Trade Financial.