Firms of five employees or fewer now represent nearly 90 percent of all businesses in California, and from 2000 to 2005 the number of such enterprises grew by nearly 25 percent, according to the state Senate Office of Research. At the same time, the number of jobs provided by these firms increased by 23 percent, to 3.7 million. The number of sole proprietorships – companies owned and operated by a single person – increased by 24 percent to 2.6 million.
- Come join us Cecil Murray Center for Community Engagement
- Meet & Greet In DC! Here’s Your Chance To Meet John Hope Bryant!
- Delivering The Memo Master Class Book Tour Featuring John Hope Bryant & CEO of Gallup, Jim Clifton
- John Hope Bryant on failing every day without loss of enthusiasm.
- John Hope Bryant unpacks immigrant entrepreneurs in the streets of Harlem New York.