"My favorite quote on leadership is one that I take from Napoleon: 'the role of a leader is to define reality and give hope.' That, to me, is the simplest definition of leadership. It is particularly important in these turbulent, uncertain times. You have to tell people the truth about the challenges you're facing, even if that truth is hard to hear. You have to let them know the actions you must take, even if those actions are difficult. It is important to give the reality but you also have to provide reasons for people to be hopeful. Hope inspires people. It allows them to rise to the challenge and it has the added benefit of almost always being well placed." Kenneth I. Chenault, chairman and CEO, American Express Company
- On Leadership: An Inspiring Post by Benjamin P. Hardy . Why Most People Will Never Be Successful.
- A Mother’s Day Present – A Commencement, and an Honorary Doctorate Degree
- Upcoming Stop on the Delivering the Memo Book Tour | The Commerce Club – Atlanta
- John Hope Bryan Live on Facebook Reaches 700K+ Followers
- Less than 1% of venture capital goes to African-Americans