"My spiritual awaking came when I had children, and I asked God, what could I have possibly done to deserve this? The response came back, ...there is nothing you could have done (to deserve this). That is the meaning of love. Love is out of proportion to what you deserve. Meaning you will receive gifts (of God's love) out of proportion to anything you have earned, or anything you have ever done. That is the meaning of (God's) love. It is overwhelming, and humbling. And as a trained economist steeped in the ethic of fairness, this rocked my understanding of the world, because love is not about balance and fairness, and as a result (what I have come to know about the power of love) defies everything I was taught to believe in the tradition learning environment." Anne Habiby, Co-Executive Director, Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) at Harvard University, in a conversation with friend John Bryant.
- Meet & Greet In DC! Here’s Your Chance To Meet John Hope Bryant!
- Delivering The Memo Master Class Book Tour Featuring John Hope Bryant & CEO of Gallup, Jim Clifton
- John Hope Bryant on failing every day without loss of enthusiasm.
- John Hope Bryant unpacks immigrant entrepreneurs in the streets of Harlem New York.
- Will tax reform help the poor? John Hope Bryant on MSNBC with Velshi & Ruhle