"My spiritual awaking came when I had children, and I asked God, what could I have possibly done to deserve this? The response came back, ...there is nothing you could have done (to deserve this). That is the meaning of love. Love is out of proportion to what you deserve. Meaning you will receive gifts (of God's love) out of proportion to anything you have earned, or anything you have ever done. That is the meaning of (God's) love. It is overwhelming, and humbling. And as a trained economist steeped in the ethic of fairness, this rocked my understanding of the world, because love is not about balance and fairness, and as a result (what I have come to know about the power of love) defies everything I was taught to believe in the tradition learning environment." Anne Habiby, Co-Executive Director, Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) at Harvard University, in a conversation with friend John Bryant.
- A Mother’s Day Present – A Commencement, and an Honorary Doctorate Degree
- Upcoming Stop on the Delivering the Memo Book Tour | The Commerce Club – Atlanta
- John Hope Bryan Live on Facebook Reaches 700K+ Followers
- Less than 1% of venture capital goes to African-Americans
- ThriveGlobal: Spiritual Capital is the Start of True Wealth